Tuesday, September 16, 2014

I Dig You:Texturized

Hello Crafters!

How are you guys doing? I hope you're finding lots of inspiration here on the blog. Have you seen Christine's series Sunday Stencils? I absolutely love to watch her in action. She is such an inspiration! Here is the most recent installment

After watching her video I was so intrigued by how she added baby powder to her modeling paste to achieve a different texture. It got me thinking what else could I be adding to my texture paste to make it different? 

Then an idea occurred . . .

I used the completely adorable Whimsical Wheels

Whimsical Wheels 

and this fabulous Doodling stencil from Wycinanka

Doodling
The wonderful Linda Trace told me she thought the doodling stencil looked like boulders an I think she is right on! 


Yep that's sand. I keep a random bottle in my craft room from the beaches of St. Lucia where the hubs and I honeymooned. It seemed like the perfect add in to give my embossing paste a little something extra! 

I laid the stencil down and rubbed on some frayed burlap and brushed corduroy distress ink as a base color. I then mixed my white embossing paste with some more brushed corduroy and applied it pretty liberally. I didn't smooth it out at all I just left it as it went on. Before it dried I sprinkled on my sand and patted it with light pressure to make sure it stuck. 

The digger was colored with more distress ink and then coated with glossy accents to give it some shine! I love how the little arm can hold things and I thought the sentiment fit in there perfectly :) 

What are your ideas for "add ins" to your embossing paste? I'd love to try them!! 

Thanks for stopping by! 

XoXo
Kelly 

5 comments:

  1. You always amaze me with the clever ideas you come up with! The card is fabulous! Love the texture of the embossing paste!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is awesome great idea on that embossing paste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow this is sooo clever!! I love how this turned out!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is just fabulous i love that you used sand its perfect with the little digger :)
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete