Friday, February 12, 2016

Pretty in Pink Monster Hugs!

Hi there!
Samantha here, and today I'm sharing a cute little, Valentine's Day themed card for the littlest monster in your life! Ha!



I wanted to make a 'love' type card since this weekend is Valentine's Day, but I spotted that cute little monster from the Big Time stamp set, and I new she would be perfect for my pinky card! :)



To create this card, I did some coloring with copic makers, but you can use ANY of your favorite ways to color to create a card like this, too!

- ink up the background stamp with Spun Sugar Distress Ink and lightly spritz with water, then stamp onto your card front
- once dry, add a little but of Spun Sugar to the edges of the card front with a blending tool
- stamp the monster image onto copic friendly paper and color in light beiges and pinks


- stamp the large heart image onto vellum with StazOn ink and color on the back side with copics in coordinating pinks! 
- fussy cut out the images and attach to the card front
- stamp the phrases and then attach the card front to the card base! 


I used the Letters background stamp, Big Time, This Must Be Love and Color Your Heart Out


I made this card with Valentine's Day in mind, but if you switch up the colors you this could easily be a thinking of you card, or encouragement card, too! 

Did you know that Create a Smile Stamps also sells acrylic blocks? They're AMAZING and they have grid lines that make stamping in a straight line as easy as can be!

Thank you so much for spending part of your day with me!


      


3 comments:

  1. Adorable card and monster. I have been really impressed with how all your stamps can work together. Your design team is fantastic with the beauties they keep producing. Thanks for sharing all the talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet...love that festive monster.

    ReplyDelete