Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Guest Designer Marina Johan - Part 1

Wednesdays are guest-days :)

I am so excited that Marina Johan is our guest this month - she is so so talented!
Marina used the Penguin Party stamp set for a funny and colorful birthday card. The background - swoon! And the watercoloring looks fabulous!




This is what Marina says about her card:

"The penguins and gift boxes were all coloured using some watercolours. I've stamped them on top of each other using some masking technique so that I could pop them up all 3 at once. 

Now, do you see that repeat sentiment stamping behind the penguins? Here's how I did it.


I made a distress look on my die cut piece with Antique Linen Distress Ink. I took the Hooray! sentiment from the same stamp set and stamped it using the same distress ink to create the background. "

You all know I am a sucker for stamped backgrounds, especially with words - but I never created such a soft look. Marina did an awesome job, I feel so inspired!
What do you love most about this card?






Our FB subscribers already know, but I thought I'd tell you here as well. We added a new product category to our Shop today. You can now get Create A Smile stencils! :) 











7 comments:

  1. Ich bin immer wieder überrascht von den tollen Ideen der Designerinnen, und jetzt auch noch Stencils, wie schön!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!! Such a CUTE CUTE card!! So exciting about the stencils too!! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet card, Marina! The background is amazing. I have to admit - I never stamped with my Distress Inks. Weird, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow such a great card love the background . And hooray for the stencils.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superklasse! :) Die Karte und die Stencils. ;) Mag vor allem die beiden mit den Sternen und das Chevronmuster. *daumenhoch*
    xo Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know, I like the card as a whole...it just works together so very well! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. FABULOUS design and inking! Love it to bits!

    ReplyDelete