Today I have a glowing christmas card for you.
Lately I saw this card by Dawn Woleslagle where she did spotlight ink blending on colored cardstock and I really wanted to try out this technique.
- take a light colored cardstock and blend on some distress inks
- start blending from the corners/ edges using the lightest color first and switch to a darker color in the next step
- don't forget to leave an uncolored space in the middle of the panel for the glowing effect
- first stamp the branches in a dark color around the edges in the upper part of the panel
- after the ink is completely dry stamp the branches and the sentiment with versamark ink and heat emboss with white embossing powder
- stamp, heat emboss and fuzzy cut the christmas ornaments
- instead of coloring with watercolor or markers you can do some ink blending on the ornaments
- glue everything together with foam tape to add some dimension
- draw the string of the ornaments with white gel pen
For a more sparkly look you can also sprinkle some glittery embossing powder over the branches without using any ink and heat set it from the backside of the paper.
Do you already know our Create a Smile Family and Friends Facebook Group? Over there you have the chance to connect with others and share your creations with us. We love to see what you create!