Woohoo, no Christmas card today, what a surprise! For a change I have a birthday card for you.
When I saw this video by genius Jennifer McGuire I knew I had to try this technique called Distress Ink Monoprint. I did a lot of samples not each turned out pretty but I liked this one.
- I created the background following Jennifer McGuire's video. When the background was dry, I die cut a circle from it. I layered it with a die cut circle with a post edge.
- Then I stamped the super cute guinea pig from the set Furry & Bright / Flauschige Weihnachten. You can use the guinea pig all year round although it is a Christmas set.
- I coloured the image with Copic markers and added in some fur details with coloured pencils.
- When I put the circle on my card, it looked a little bit boring. I decided to add some splatters using the same Distress Oxide inks I used before for the background (absolutely inspired by Kerstin).
- The last thing I had to do was to stamp a sentiment and that finsihed up my card.
Show us your art work: Use #createasmilestamps when you're posting on Instagram!