Samantha here, and today I'm sharing another layout using (mostly) the same supplies as last week's scrapbook page!
Since last week I made my littlest Mann's school year page, it was only fair to make one of my oldest little Mann's year!
Here's how I made this layout!
- first I spread some gesso onto the patterned paper. once ti was dry, I used a stencil and some white embossing paste to add the stars!
- when the embossing paste was dry, I sprayed some Abandoned Coral and Carved Pumpkin Distress Sprays over it! LOVE how that looks!
- I used similar colors of patterned paper to back my photo and then popped it all up on my background!
- the pencils were stamped and colored with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and then added as embellishments all around the page!
- I finished off the page by heat embossing the 'school boy' phrase onto a banner of black cardstock to tie everything together!
I have to admit, I only love this layout 98%. I really thought about tearing half of the patterned paper and then adhering it to a white piece of cardstock, just to add more white space and it make it look easier on the eyes...I don't know. I may still go back and do that.
Do you ever feel that way about your projects?
I used the First Day of School stamp set, and part of the title was created with the Clear Lettering Alphas! I also used the Big Stars Polka Stencil!
Next week is the July release week!! And I can't wait for you all to see it!! It's AMAZING!