Friday, June 29, 2018

A Mixed Media (lite!) Scrapbook Layout

Hi there!
Samantha here, and today I'm sharing another layout using (mostly) the same supplies as last week's scrapbook page!


 
     

Since last week I made my littlest Mann's school year page, it was only fair to make one of my oldest little Mann's year! 


Here's how I made this layout!
- first I spread some gesso onto the patterned paper. once ti was dry, I used a stencil and some white embossing paste to add the stars! 
- when the embossing paste was dry, I sprayed some Abandoned Coral and Carved Pumpkin Distress Sprays over it! LOVE how that looks! 
- I used similar colors of patterned paper to back my photo and then popped it all up on my background!


- I heat embossed part of the sentiment, and combined it with some very 'proper-school-like' thickers! love the script and straight contrast in the title!
- the pencils were stamped and colored with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and then added as embellishments all around the page! 


- I finished off the page by heat embossing the 'school boy' phrase onto a banner of black cardstock to tie everything together!


I have to admit, I only love this layout 98%. I really thought about tearing half of the patterned paper and then adhering it to a white piece of cardstock, just to add more white space and it make it look easier on the eyes...I don't know. I may still go back and do that. 
Do you ever feel that way about your projects? 


I used the First Day of School stamp set, and part of the title was created with the Clear Lettering Alphas! I also used the Big Stars Polka Stencil!

    

Next week is the July release week!! And I can't wait for you all to see it!! It's AMAZING!


~Samantha

   


No comments:

Post a Comment