Sunday, July 1, 2018

A Colourful Thanks

Hiiii!! Today, I wanted to share another card using the Say What?! stamp set. You know, this set is turning to be one of my top favourites and I can't wait to use it again for a different time.




I wanted to colour in these speech bubbles but I didn't feel like colouring them individually. Instead, I've stamped them out into a background pattern by white embossing them. When that's that, I've literally just added pink, yellow and orange and not being too careful about it. 

The only thing I kept in mind was to add some darker shades. I find that by adding dark shades, you get a more "textured" look and you can highlight the speech bubbles even more clearly than if you just give it a light wash of colour. Just remember to let the layers dry first before adding more colours. 

Instead of using a black and bold sentiment like I would usually do, I've decided to stamp out Thank You using the Lettering Alphas stamp set on a vellum piece. I thought this gives a more softer look. I've just drawn out a "cloud shape" around it and cut it out to match some of the speech bubble. 





Say What?!
Lettering Alphas 
Distress Inks - Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade & Picked Raspberry




Follow Create A Smile on Facebook keep yourself updates on all the happenings and if you're an Instagram addict like I am, you can follow Create A Smile using this name : @createasmilestamps ! :)

Mail Call : Christine is looking to decorate her office with your beautiful Create A Smile cards creation. Send your cards to Merremstr. 21, 47053 Duisburg, Germany.




Thanks for stopping by,

No comments:

Post a Comment