With today's card I had some troubles while making it. I am curious if you can guess the mistakes!
- I stamped, colored with copics and fuzzy cut the octopus!
- I made my own wave mask and created an ocean with ink blending with Distress Inks in some blue and turquoise shades.
- I die cut the Danke (thanks) from the paper with the ink blending and from white foam to give the word some dimension.
- For the background I stamped the word Danke with white pigment ink on a green cardbase.
- I finished the card with some enamel shapes .
So, where did the mistakes happen? Did you already find out?
- When I colored the octopus the ink on the eye bleed out and smudged although I used Memento Ink. That never happened to me before. I wanted to dump the image in the trash but then I had the idea of adding a googly eye. And I think he is really cute with it.
- I had the idea of the "danke" floating in the water. That's why I die cut directly from the ink blended paper. But you sure already noticed - no waves on the die cut. I added some Glossy Accents on top and the waves dissapeared. Not immediatly but over night - of course! Distress Inks are water soluble and obviously there is some water in the Glossy Accent - that is my explanation for this miracle!
I think you can still see some of the ink in the close up.
Sometimes these kind of mistakes happen - just go with the flow! I bet you wouldn't have notice the mistakes on my card if I hadn't tell you.
Create a Smile has now a monthly challenge with a great prize to win. You can find the link in the sidebar.
You love challenges? There is another challenge going on on the Create a Smile Friends and Family Facebook group!