Sunday, January 24, 2016

Kraft Card Inspiration

Hi everyone! I don't know about you but sometimes when I get stuck and I simply just can't come up with a design for a new project, I switch to kraft cardstock. I don't know why but it sometimes gives me a new inspiration if I step away from white papers once in a while. So here's what I came up with for today's post ...



Of course, you can always recreate it in white cardbase or any colour but kraft cardstock give this vintage look that I like. 

First I cut away a part of the paper using this cloud-like die by Pretty Pink Posh and then lightly traced out the shape on the card base, so that I know how much to stamp. 

I took those hearts from the Lovely Critters set and a bunch of dye inks and started to stamp away. Remember to stamp some of the hearts peeking out of the border. This makes it look like there's endless hearts underneath it ;) 

I added some white hearts & die-cut a bold white birthday message because I like how white stands out from kraft and brings focus to the message. 






Create A Smile - Lovely Critters Stamps
Create A Smile - Birthday Triple Dies
Create A Smile - Mini Birthday Stamps
Pretty Pink Posh - Stitched Borders Dies 2



Follow Create A Smile on Facebook keep yourself updates on all the happenings and if you're an Instagram addict like I am, you can follow Create A Smile using this name : @createasmilestamps ! :)

Thanks for stopping by,



8 comments:

  1. Wow! I can´t like it more!! It´s a very smart card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely adorable card Marina! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talented! It is very beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you did this! It's so pretty and colorful. You say how you did it but I don't have a die cutting machine. I'm going to see if I can do it without the machine. I'm sure I can figure it out. I'll try it with some scrap paper first and then use the scraps as a template for the real card. I have tons of heart stamps and hearts from a punch I have. How fun is this card?

    ReplyDelete
  5. so-so pretty :) really love the look :))

    ReplyDelete