Tuesday, June 28, 2016

You're So Sweet

Hi everyone! It's Keeway here and I have a very sweet card to share with you today!






I knew that I wanted to color this adorable hippo ice cream vendor and wanted to showcase him on a simple card.

1.  Stamp the images in copic friendly ink, and color him in. I used Versafine Black Onyx Ink and colored him in with copic markers. I also added a few accents with a white gel pen.
2.  I fussy cut the image out, including the area in the middle of the cart with a craft knife.
3.  I grabbed a matching pattern paper from my stash, and looked for one with a simple pattern. Since we don't want to pull attention away from our main image, you want to look for a basic pattern.
4.  To really help the image pop, I die cut a piece of white cardstock, and I blended a touch of spun sugar distress ink. I used a post it tape to even off ground level before blending.
5. I adhered the white cardstock directly to my background, and then used foam tape to glue down my images.



Adding diagonal (or uneven) lines to your card can create a visual interest on your card without distracting attention away from your focal point.

 

The Challenge of the Month is still going on!  Link up your projects here and one lucky winner will receive a 15€ gift card.

Also, our Create a Smile Friends and Family Facebook group is the perfect place for inspiration, ideas and also challenges (with prizes). Come join us!


No comments:

Post a Comment