Friday, June 24, 2016

Treat Yourself Card

Hello again!
Samantha here with you as usual on this beautiful Friday! :) Today, I'm sharing a card that I hope will make you giggle! :)


     

I just LOVE those hippos from the Served Up stamp set! And, shockingly, I hadn't used them yet!! HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?! So I had to rectify that, and make this cute, possibly hilarious card! :)


I really think this card is just FUN! So let's get to it and make it, shall we?

- first, I stamped and colored the images with Copic Markers, and then fussy cut them out!
- using a sun rays stencil and some gelatos, I created some little morning sun rays!
- then, I used the Stacked Pierced Oval Dies to die cut


- I heat embossed the sentiment with white, onto black cardstock, and then popped up both the images and the sentiment!
- I went a little crazy with the white gel pen....oops!! 
- lastly, I added some blue watercolor underneath the whole area with Peacock Feathers and Tumbled Glass Distress Inks


I used lots of coloring mediums on this: gelatos, copics, Distress Inks for watercoloring...and it was a lot of FUN! But you could also create an awesome card if you don't  have all of those supplies: patterned paper die cut (in place of the sun rays), paper pieced images of the hippo and coffee cup, and mist for the background!


As I mentioned above, I used the cute cute CUTE Served Up stamp set! I also used Coffee First and the awesome Stacked Pierced Oval Dies!

    

Have you joined the Create a Smile Friends and Family Facebook group yet? It's the perfect place for inspiration, ideas and there's also a challenge there! Be sure to check it out! 

Thanks again for hanging out with me today!
       

1 comment:

  1. Love this fun card and I want a cup of coffee that size :)

    ReplyDelete