Friday, June 3, 2016

Enjoy Every Moment Layout

Hello!
Samantha here, and today I'm sharing a layout I made of my little Mann's first time on a waterslide! Ha! Wild and free, alright!


     

Here's the scoop: I love working with girly colors. I love the pinks, and the gold and the foil! But the truth is, I can't always create cards or a layout (especially a layout!) of my little Menn in those colors all the time! It jut doesn't work!! But every now and then, I like to sneak a few layouts with some pinks and gold and I just love them! And this photo just screamed: PRETTY COLORS! Ha! :)


The layout itself, is pretty simple, overall. The tricky part, was creating the feathers with the gold foil!

- first, I applied a light layer of gesso to the background
- on my layout, I used some embossing paste and a stencil. Once it was dry, I added some watercolor on top via Cracked Pistachio Distress Inks!
- I layered some pretty papers behind my photo and then adhered that on top of the mixed media area

On to the feathers:
- stamp and watercolor onto watercolor paper and set aside to dry
- stamp another feather image onto some masking paper (or scratch paper to use as a mask)
- cover the watercolored feathers with the mask, so only the bottom area is shown though and spritz with the Heidi Swapp Minc Reactive Mist, set aside to dry
(I also splattered some light drops of the mist onto the feathers)


- once dry, I used some gold foil and ran the feathers through my laminator! 
- I LOVE how they turned out
- I also stamped a feather onto some vellum and attached it to the bottom corner cluster, which includes the adorable enamel shapes in mint



Those gold foiled feathers could totally be put on a card, instead of a layout! The point is, they're SO PRETTY! Ha! Use them on all the things!! :)


I used one of my favorite stamp sets EVER: Time to Say Thanks!

    

Did you get your hands on one of the Beach Party kits released last week? There are still some available, so be sure to grab yours before they're gone forever!! What are you waiting for?

Thanks again for hanging out with me today!

   

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty!! Love clean design with pops of color! And the feathers turned out gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete