Samantha here, and today I'm sharing a fun watercolored thank you card!
Warning - I went a bit splatter crazy - eek!
To be honest, I can't get enough of this stamp set! And in the spirit of full disclosure, I just moved and all I can find are my Distress Markers to color!! Ha! So watercoloring it is! Which is fine with me, I do LOVE watercoloring! :)
To create this card, be sure to have your favorite watercoloring medium on hand and let's have some fun!
- stamp the leaf images onto watercolor paper
- watercolor!!! ha ha!!
- fussy cut once dry and set aside
- on your card front, use your palette knife to add embossing paste through a stencil for some subtle white on white action
- arrange the leaves in your desired pattern (here is where I stitched the leaves on with my sewing machine, but you can hand stitch, or add with pop dots!)
- once adhered, heat emboss the sentiments and fussy cut
- attach the sentiment pieces and SPLATTER!!! I used the coordinating watercolors in the same shades when I first sprinkled on the colors...and then I went BACK in with some black splatters, too! Ha! I couldn't stop!
I used the super beautiful, and totally timeless Time to Say Thanks stamp set. In addition, I used the Skinny Chevron stencil!
I colored way more leaves than what I used on this card! Partly because I couldn't decide which colors to use on the card, and partly because I had SO MUCH fun coloring these images! That leaves me with a handful of leaves to create more of these cards! Boom - a thank you card set done! Ha!
We're looking for a February Guest Designer!! You can read all of the details here!
Thanks again for spending some of your day with me!