Samantha here, and today I'm sharing birthday wishes from the deep blue sea! ha!
I honestly LOVE that octopus image and I just love the idea of giving him things to hold with his many tentacles! ha!
Let's make this card together!
- I started by stamping and coloring octopus and balloons, then fussy cutting them out.
- I stamped the balloons in Distress Oxide Inks (Twisted Citron, Peacock Feathers and Blueprint Sketch)
- to ink blend the circle, I used a mask, which only left the circle area open. The, I ink blended with regular Distress Inks (Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers, Mermaid Lagoon, Blueprint Sketch and Wilted Violet)
- once that was done, I used the same colors, but in Oxide inks to stamp the ocean waves!
- I added foam tape to the octopus and balloons, then stamped the balloon strings.
- once everything was adhered, I used some Crystal Stickles to add glitter to the octopus and balloons!
With just one snap of your fingers, this card could easily be made into a one layer - if that's your thing! LOL!
Simply stamp your images, and then use masks when creating the circle of 'water' with the ink blending and stamping!
I stamped the beautiful wave images with the Ocean Waves Cling stamp over the distress ink-ed circle. And that adorable and SO cute octopus is from the Underwaterlove stamp set! And of course, the balloons are from the super versatile Floating Wishes stamp set!
There is ALWAYS a fun challenge going on in the Create a Smile Stamp Facebook group page! It's fun and filled with prizes! I love seeing all of the incredible, unique and amazing inspiration!