Saturday, July 27, 2019

Big Hugs for You Ice Cream Cone Card

Hi there!
Samantha here, and today I'm sharing a sweet, summery card...that you may find weird, but I still love how it came out! Ha!

 


     

I was scrolling through Instagram when I saw this ADORABLE planner spread!!! I knew I had to adapt it and make it into a card!!! 


Let's make this card together!

- I started by stamping and coloring the mouse and ice-cream cone and then fussy cutting them out.
- next, I chose the colors for my 'ice cream scoops' and stamped them a bunch of times onto some white cardstock! (I used Distress Oxide Inks and did the rock and roll technique on a few of the solid colored balloons!)
- I used the string image to add stripes to one of the balloons and the small polka dots to add some dots to a balloon too (they were all heat embossed in white)


- I attached all of my images together and popped them up with foam tape.

- and I know it gets weird, but I really like the one balloon floating away...even though it's supposed to be ice cream! lol! oh well!
- finally, for the background, I tinted some white embossing paste with Tumbled Glass Distress Inks and then used the stencil to add some light blue texture to the background!
- I finished the card off with some glitter on the balloons/ice cream!


You could totally stamp the ice-cream scoop images directly onto the card front (which I might have done, if I had a Misti! ha! But I don't trust myself!) to save yourself some time cutting out the circles!


The ice cream scoops (and balloon floating away!) is from the Floating Wishes stamp set! The ice-cream cone is from the A Little Treat set! That light blue background was created with the Waves Stencil! The adorable little mouse is from First Day of School! And finally, the sentiment is from the super versatile All About You stamp set!


    

There is ALWAYS a fun challenge going on in the Create a Smile Stamp Facebook group page! It's fun and filled with prizes! I love seeing all of the incredible, unique and amazing inspiration!
~Samantha

      
  


2 comments: