Hi there, Nicole here with a flower card inspiration for you.
I got some new watercolor markers by Faber Castel a while ago and was playing around quite a lot with them. I wanted to try no-line coloring with them and that's how this card started.
- stamp your flower with Antique Linen Distress Ink on watercolor paper
- add some color with your watercolor marker (any watercolor marker will do) where you want your shadows to be
- add water with a water brush or a paint brush and let the colors fade out to create some depth
- continue to add color to the shadow areas
- for the background I used a stencil and moved it after every layer of ink blending (details on the pictures below) I did three layers using two shades of green Distress Inks
- die cut your panel using a rectangle die
- adhere your flower to the panel using foam tape
- stamp your sentiment in a matching green ink, I used Distress Oxide Ink
- if you find it difficult to add dark colors to the small shadow spots on your card with a brush, let your coloring dry and add the shadows with some color pencils.
- moving your stencil around can create new and fun looks
We have fun challenges for you to play along! Check out the blog for the bi-weekly challenge or our Create A Smile Friends & Family Facebook Group for the monthly challenge.
Thanks a lot for stopping by!
Have a wonderful day,