It is very hot in Germany right now (37 Grad Celsius what is about 98 grad Fahrenheit) and we are melting... So we need some Underwaterlove!
I wanted to do some inlaid die cutting with the new cool post stamps frame die from the set Magical Frame. So I looked for critters that would fit in the frame and the Underwaterlove set was perfect for it. The jelly fish is from the Sending Sunshine Kit.
- At first I die cutted four frames and arranged them on my card. I decided where the frames should fit into each other and did some die cutting again. If you are not familiar with the technique Inlaid Die Cutting here you can find a video to show you.
- Then I stamped and color the sea critters and colored them with Copics and I added some color to the background by sponging it.
- I stamped and heat embossed the sentiemnt and cut it into a banner.
- After that all I had to do is assembe the card.
- I used a blending tool to add color to the background behind the creatures. To protect them I used masking fluid for the first time and was very happy with the result. At first I wanted to cut masks out of paper but that would have been very difficult especially for the octopus. With the masking fluid it was much easier.
- No place to put your sentiment? Stamp on some extra cardstock and cut it into a banner. Black cardstock males it pop even more.
Next week is release week - woohoo! And Christine will surprise you again with some cute, elegant, versatile and fabulous stamps.