Samantha here again!
And today I have a super adorable (well, at least I think so!) card to share! And most importantly, I LOVED making it, and it makes me happy! He he! :D
I live in South Carolina, and currently, our weather is acting like it's drunk! Ha! Wednesday and Thursday was 85 degrees (Fahrenheit), and today the high is going to be 38! That's an over 40 degree change in temperature in 12 hours! See? Drunk weather!
So yes, that is where the idea for this card came from!
This card has a lot of techniques, but they're all pretty simple and together make a fun and very texture-feely card!
- using a piece of white cardstock, blend distress inks from darkest to lightest (top to bottom). I used Chipped Sapphire, Peacock Feathers and Cracked Pistachio.
- flick on some water with a paint brush
- once dry, cover the carstock with a stencil and apply white embossing paste
- stamp and color the work truck and snarky snowflake with copics; fussy cut
- stamp the snarky snowflake onto the cardbase and attach the colored images foam squares for dimension
- attach the card front to the card base
The adorable truck is from Whimsical Wheels (one of my favorite stamp sets, ever!) and the snowflake is from Smiling Snowflakes.The sentiment was created by masking various phrases from Cool Buddies and Whimsical Wheels! :)
I also used the Wave of Snowflakes stencil for that gorgeous snowy background!
Distress inks are one of my favorite products! You can literally create this scene with a lot of other color combinations! Imagine this card with a warm yellow/orange/red background!!! Now THAT'S how you can send some warmth!! Ha!
You can even have a chance to win this fantastic prize!!
Thanks again for joining me here today! :)