Today I want to talk about tools! But first the projects I have for you today! I made some envelopes for my family!
I have a lot of tools - a few that I use regular and a few that I don't use at all! And so I thought maybe this is a subject that you would be intrested in. And maybe you don't make the same mistakes as I did!
I start with the tools I highly recommend. I use them nearly everytime I craft:
- Die cutting machine: I think that is the tool I use the most. It is quite expensive but it's worth every penny I paid. I use it for die cutting and for embossing.
- Heat gun: This tool is essential for heat ambossing. But I use it to dry things faster, too! Of course you can usea toaster or a oven to heat emboss but in my opinion you get the best results with a heat gun.
- Stamp press: I don't know how I stamped straight senitments before I got the stamp press! It is so amazing and makes a crafter's life so much easier!
- Corner Chomper: That is a very important tool as well. It may not seem to make such a difference if your corners are rounded or not but it does. For me it is an important design element to finish of the card.
And here are the tools I would not buy again. Don't get me wrong I don't say they are useless but they didn't do it for me.
- Digital die cutting machine: I have one and I wanted to have it so bad! But I don't use it at all. For me using a computer during crafting just doesn't work (it is the same problem with digital stamps by the way). For me the computer always means work and not free time. You can do fabulous and amazing things with digital die cutting machines - you just have to visit Christines blog to see some great examples. But it is not a thing for me.
- Score Pal: I use my Score Pal - for folding my cards. I don't think you need to spend money on a Score Pal for folding your cards. It's the same with the Score Pal as with the digital die cutting maching - you can do fabulous things with it - I just don't do! Most of the time I make cards. When I make a gift box or something like that I use one of my dies because that is easier and faster.
- Envelope Punch Board: Ooh, what a hype that was when the Emvelope Punch Board was released! I had to buy it and I used it a lot - in the beginning! Now it is in the drawer and it stays in the drawer! But for today I challenges myself to use it again!
I haven't seen my family for quite a while and during this time there were a lot of birthdays. In a few days we will all meet and I needed some gifts. We make a short trip together so all the gifts will be coupons that will be redeemed during this trip. And for the coupons I made some envelopes with the Envelope Punch Board.
The two above are for my mother and my sister and these two for my nephews!
- Stamp, color and fuzzy cut all the images you need.
- Choose matching patterend paper and make the envelopes.
- Choose matching alpha stickers and assemble the envelopes.
So what tools do you have that you don't use? Which tools would you never buy again? Let me know I am very curious!