Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Cute Baby Card!

 Hello and welcome back! It's Laurie with you today to share a cute and simple baby card.



I never have baby cards on hand, do you? I always just make as needed. A coworker of mine recently had a baby girl, so I went through my CAS stash and came up with this!




To get the colour scheme for this card, I went through my patterned paper and decided on this pink and yellow plaid. This happened to be a scrap strip and was the perfect size! I chose one of the Stitched Circle Frames and cut it from white cardstock. After deciding on placement, I took the same circle die and cut the patterned paper. This way everything would line up seamlessly.

For the main image, I used two of the images from the new Mushrooms Stamp Set (one of my fave sets, EVER)! I matched them up with the pink and yellow paper.

To colour, I used coloured pencil and blended with odourless mineral spirits (Gamsol). I haven't used this method in ages! It's so easy!!

I foam mounted the mushrooms in the centre of the circle and added a few hearts that were cut with the DIN Lang Postage Cool Cuts.

Now, this is where I got kind of stumped. The sentiment. I didn't think about the sentiment! After trying many things, I decided to use the Lemon Alphas to spell the word "baby". I thought it would look cute placed around the circle.


To finish off, I added a bit of sparkle to the "baby" and the tiny hearts.




I never have a clear plan on what I want to create when I sit down at my desk. But I find that going through my stash of patterned paper gives a good start! Even if you don't use it on your project, it can give you a colour palette and style ideas (floral, geometric, stripes)!








Don't forget about some of your supplies!! I had so much fun using my pencils and Gamsol that it made me want to use them more! 

Thank you for stopping by today! See you soon!

Laurie







No comments:

Post a Comment