Saturday, September 25, 2021

Candy Cane Trees and Christmas Greetings Card

Hi there!
Samantha here, and today I am sharing a cute little Christmas card!


     

As soon as I saw those horizontally striped trees, I knew I wanted to make them like candy canes!! (Honestly, my first thought was rainbow...but then came candy canes! lol!)
 

Let's make this card together!

- first, I stamped colored all the images with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and then once they were all dry, I fussy cut them out!
- I used Distress Oxide Inks in Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon and Cracked Pistachio to add the ombre colored background


- then I used the stencil and some white embossing paste to add the textured stars! loooove that stencil!

- I made sure to stagger the trees, so they weren't all the same height


- I heat embossed the large scripty phrase in black onto vellum and then fussy cut it out! Then, I heat embossed the rest of the sentiment in white onto a strip of black cardstock!



I went with complimentary colors for my card, but this would be just as beautiful with tone-on-tone colors, as well!


The trees and cute little reindeer are from the new Peeking stamp set! The background was created with that Twinkle stamp set and the sentiment is from Christmas Surprise!

    

There is ALWAYS a fun challenge going on in the Create a Smile Stamp Facebook group page! It's fun and filled with prizes! I love seeing all of the incredible, unique and amazing inspiration!
 
~Samantha



No comments:

Post a Comment