Samantha here, and today I am sharing a card that is happy and bright and ready for those warm summer nights!
I just imagine sitting outside with friends, on a warm summer night, and seeing these lights!
Let's make this card together!
- I started by stamping the 'strings' for the lights, so I would know where to place the lights.
- then I used a pencil to VERY lightly mark where each light bulb would be
- I then used those tiny marks to guide where to add the 'glow' of the yellow ink in a circle
- then I used Peacock Feathers and Blueprint Sketch to add the 'night sky' behind and around the glowing orbs
- then I splattered some water, and also white acrylic paint to create the starry night feel
- I stamped and colored the light bulbs with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and then fussy cut out the images
- a few of the light bulbs were popped up with foam tape
- glitter was added to the light bulbs with some clear stickles
I used Distress Oxide Inks to ink blend my background, but I really think that the original Distress Inks may have been a better choice! The Oxide Inks are soooo easy to blend with, but I think because they are so easy to blend, it's harder to control...that's my opinion, anyway! Ha!
This stamp set is so pretty, and so versatile! I used the beautiful Lights On! stamp set!
There is ALWAYS a fun challenge going on in the Create a Smile Stamp Facebook group page! It's fun and filled with prizes! I love seeing all of the incredible, unique and amazing inspiration!