Monday, February 18, 2019

Bear Mail!

Hi, everyone! It's Cassie here, and I'm so excited to be sharing my very first post on the Create a Smile blog! Today I'm sharing a card I made using some of my very favorite Create a Smile products!





I love this adorable stamp set, Bear Mail, and I knew that I wanted to use the sweet bear on the bike image on a card. I also wanted to create my own pattern paper using the Bear Mail stamp. So that was the idea I was going with to create this card!




  • I started the card by stamping the Bear Mail stamp all over a piece of 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 size piece of kraft card stock. 
  • Next I stamped out the bear on the bicycle, and colored him in with my Copics. How cute is he?! 
  • The I die cut a Postage Stamp Edge Circle die from vellum paper to adhere the bear to. Once the two were adhered I used foam tape to attach them to the card.
  • Then I stamped a sentiment from All About You onto some blue cardstock with VersaMark ink and heat embossed white embossing powder over top. I trimmed that down and adhered it to the card with foam tape. 




To make this card work I used two different black inks. When stamping my background I used VersaFine Onyx Black pigment ink. It covers really well and is nice and dark. When stamping the bear I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink because it works with Copic Markers! Different inks make all the difference!! 


We love when you share your Create a Smile projects! Always use the #createasmile so we can find your awesome creations!

    
            Bear Mail Stamp Set: 




                                                  

















2 comments: