Samantha here, and I wanted to share a fun way to get a watercolor look on vellum!
I first saw this technique on this video here! You're definitely going to want to check it out!
This card was so fun to make, and surprisingly easy!
- ok, so first, tape down a piece of vellum and scribble on the vellum with your choice of Alcohol markers (I used Copics!)
- once you have lots of color on your piece of vellum, spritz it with rubbing alcohol and move the colors around with a paintbrush that has the rubbing alcohol on it, too.
- let it air dry, it won't take long
- on your card front stamp the flower images in a black ink
- once the vellum is completely dry, heat emboss the large sentiment in black ink
- stitch the vellum onto the card front
You could create a similar look to this card by watercoloring directly onto the cardstock, in the traditional way, and then laying a layer of vellum on top!
The bold sentiment is from the Just Saying Hello stamp set and the gorgeous flowers are from Magic Flowers! LOVE!
I am super addicted to washi! Did you know that Create a Smile Stamps sells washi tape, too? Oh yeah!
How pretty + clever!ReplyDelete
I like the soft colors and the vellum overlay. Great idea!ReplyDelete