This is part one of my new clean & simple cardmaking series about "how to spice up clean & simple cards".
I love making series and I asked what you would like to see on this blog in our Facebook group "Create A Smile Friends & Family". Many of you were interested in tips on "how to spice up clean and simple cards". So here we go :-)
Clean and simple cards are super fun but because there is so much white (or blank) space on them, you don't want them to be boring, right?! I try to add an eye-catching element to my cards to keep them interesting. I picked ten of my favorite ways to spice up clean & simple cards.
What's a clean & simple card?
I made a mini series on that. You can find part one here -> clean & simple 1/4
first tip is CREATIVE COLORING. Spice up your clean & simple cards with fun and cool coloring styles. I totally fell in love with (no line) dot coloring. This is super fun and not complicated alt all.
- Have you tried dot coloring?
- What about no line coloring?
- Paper piecing is also a fun way to color your images.
- or maybe you add a little something with a white gel pen
- look at other card makers and try out their style of shading
Look around you and get inspired! :-) Just try something new once in a while and take your time. A clean and simple card is not always a quick card ;-)
- choose a simple image without too many details
- stamp your immage with a light ink on some alcohol marker friendly paper
- start with your lightest color and color your image by making tiny dots (check out my time lapse video)
- add darker shades as you go on coloring
- create shadows just as you would do with your alcohol markers
- finish your coloring by drawing the face with a black pen
- the rest of the card is pretty simple... just add a sentiment and your good to go ;-)
Eggstraordinary Egghunt / just saying hello - nur mal hallo sagen / Double Stitched Rectangles
Play along our fun challenges and get a chance to win a 25 Euro gift card to the Create A Smile store!
Check out my Instagram account to see a time lapse video of me coloring this sheep ;-) @frauvoegeli
Thanks for stopping by!
Have a happy day :-)