Samantha here with you today, sharing a cute little, under the sea card!
Adorable, right? I am not sure, maybe because it's summer, maybe because ocean backgrounds are fun, but I have been making a lot of under the sea type cards, and I love them!
Shall we get into the making of this fun card? Let's do it!
- on a white piece of card stock, blend together Distress Inks to create your ocean (I used Peacock Feathers and Vintage Photo)
- splatter on some water drops and set aside to dry
- stamp and color the cute lobster image onto watercolor paper
- use Distress Markers in Pinks, Oranges and Reds to create the shading; fussy cut and set aside
- die cut out the area of the ocean on the white cardstock that you like
- layer a few pieces of washi on the card front, and attach banner
- stamp the sentiment and attach the image with foam tape
Remember, you don't have to watercolor the image! You can use copics, color pencils, anything! Whatever you are most comfortable with, use that!
I used the adorable Sending Sunshine kit and Stacked Pierced Banners die for this card! I also used the Mini Birthday stamp set for part of the sentiment! Disclaimer - the Sending Sunshine kit is not available - but never fear!! You can pick up some of the paper, enamel dots and washi! Also, there's the newest kit: Beach Party that's available!!
Be sure to stick around and keep a close eye on Create a Smile next week...it's the EPIC July release!!