Friday, July 22, 2016

Watercolor Underwater!

Hello again!
Samantha here with you today, sharing another cute little, under the sea card! (I think they're my favorite!)


     

I just can't stop playing with the new July release! So I took out my Zig clean color real brush markers and had some fun!


So, let's start the fun and create this card!

- on a piece of watercolor paper, stamp your image and watercolor with your favorite type of watercoloring tools! I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers for mine!
- get out a card front for your card, a scrap piece of packaging (from stickers, sequins, etc) and some Distress Markers
- scribble the Distress Markers onto the packaging, spritz with water and press to your card front! Continue this until you like the background you have created! I used Blueprint Sketch, Peacock Feathers and Tumbled Glass for my 'ocean'.


- heat emboss the dot outline in gold and stamp the sentiment
- pop up the jelly fish and add a strip of contrasting washi tape under the card front!
- sprinkle on some gold mist to finish it off!


The good thing about using the 'packaging technique' when creating a background is that you never get the same design twice! This is my go-to way to create water backgrounds - i just LOVE it!! 


I combined an older set with the new Glowing Seaside stamp set! The older set I also used was Bad Day

    
Be sure to stick around and keep a close eye on Create a Smile next week...it's the EPIC July release!! 
~Samantha

   

No comments:

Post a Comment