I wanted to create a glow with watercolors for my lighthouse and create a scene of serenity.
1. Stamp lighthouse on white cardstock and color with copic markers.
2. On a piece of watercolor paper, brush water onto the card first.
3. Create loose strokes of blue across the top half of the card to create a sky. Add hints of darker areas to create more exture into the sky. Save room for the yellow colors, and paint yellow colors in when the blue is half dry. That way you get a nice blend into the blue, but not too much because there is less water.
4. Add some stars to the sky with some white splatter and also by blending on white pigment ink with a star stencil.
4. Heat emboss sentiment onto black cardstock. Then die cut out a hill. If you don't have a hillside or curve die cut, you can simply cut it slightly rounded shape with scissors.
The Challenge of the Month is still going on! Link up your projects here and one lucky winner will receive a 15€ gift card.
Also, our Create a Smile Friends and Family Facebook group is the perfect place for inspiration, ideas and also more challenges (with prizes). Come join us!