Friday, November 27, 2015

Silver and Gold!

Hello again!
Samantha here, and today I am sharing a really pretty and fun card using two of the newly released products: the Winter Fun stamp set and the English Tiny Sentiments Cool Cuts! :)



See that two-toned heat embossing on the scripty Winter word? I saw this YouTube video by ZrobySama a while ago, and I've been dying to try out the technique myself!!


This card is a little intricate to make, but the results are just fabulous!! :)

- on my kraft matt, I spritzed some Color Bursts in Green and Yellow and then added water
- I smooshed my card front into the watercolor and set aside to dry!
- i die cut the hello sentiment 4 or 5 times and then layered them on top of each other and set aside
- once the card front was dry, I stamped the large Winter phrase in Versamark ink
- using a scrap piece of paper, I very lightly placed it in a slant over most of the word, then added my silver embossing powder


- I repeated this process, just slightly moving the paper about an inch or so, at the same angle, until the entire word was covered!
- I also stamped the gorgeous snowflakes and heat embossed them in white
- after everything was heat set, I attached the "hello" and added some machine stitching!


I used the new Winter Fun Stamp set and the English Tiny Sentiments Cool Cuts! :)


I made sure to clean up and pour any unused embossing powder away each time I added a color, so that I wouldn't waste any of the pretty powder! And how FUN would this card look if the background was white and the sentiment was a gorgeous green and red?! Oh the possibilities! :)

   

We love to see what you make with Create a Smile products! Be sure to link up your projects to the link up on the side bar here! 

Thanks again! :)



2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card!! Love the way the two-toned heat embossing turned out!

    ReplyDelete