Monday, May 18, 2015

Stretching your dies......

Hi there, it's Anja again and I hope you were able to get our amazing kit. It was sold out in 6 hours can you believe that!!!!!! Well since I am one of the Lucky ones I completely understand why it's such a huge success. So for today another card made with kit items.

 
 


For this card I would like to focuse on stretching your stamps euuhhh dies. Just like you can stretch your stamps look at your dies and see what else you could do with them. Reconize the lovely icecream die from the kit?



I started by using the stencil also included in the die and gave a very light wash with tumbled glass distress ink. I am sorry you can hardly see it in the picture.
In the left upper corner I made a sun by using the negative of a circle die and sponged some distress ink. After I had figured out where my flowers would be i stamped the sentiments from the stampset included in the kit randomly. Now for the fun part I used the left overs from the icecream to build some sunrays. I colored them with distress markers and adhered them to the card. In the holes I placed some enamel dots also included in the kit. Sorry I had to improvise i had not enough round dots so I used some droplets.
The cookie of the icecream is also colored with copics and used as a pot for the flowers. I colored several flowers from the botanical love set and some leaves and adhered them.
To prevent the pot for floating I placed it on some torn washi-tape.
Finished the card by rounding the corners at the bottom.





Stamps;



Washi-tape;





As I mentioned before you can also stretch your dies and look at the negative parts from the dies they can often be used in some unexpected ways.




If you haven't been able to get your hands on this great kit don't worry, subscribed to our newsletter and you will know when the new kits are available.

5 comments:

  1. That looks great Anja! You have made so much of the dies in the kit. I was one of the unlucky ones but hope to get one later when they are in stock again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is a wonderful card, i like the stretching of the dies, thank you for the great idea!! I'm so lucky, that i could bye the kit.��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I AM one of the lucky kit recipients (had to set my alarm for 2:00 am EST!), and look forward to using the goodies. THanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's eye popping gorgeous..that sun is the best!!! I'll have to get in on a future kit!

    ReplyDelete