Friday, May 8, 2015

Clean and Simple Masculine Get Well Card

Hello and happy Friday!
It's Samantha back here today, and I'm sharing a masculine get well card with you!



My dad was recently in the hospital and scared the pants out of all of us! After a long, scary few days it turns out he's healthy as a horse and we couldn't be happier!
Before we knew that, though, I made this card for him!


This card comes together pretty easily!

- Using my silhouette, I cut the filmstrip out of white cardstock.
- I used Abandoned Coral Distress Ink to add color, and I really love the depth and dimension it gave to the file!
- I stamped out the car images and colored them with copics, fussy cutting them out.
- I stamped the sentiment onto the card front, and attached the cut file, once it was dry, on an angle.
- I tucked the car images behind the filmstrips to add movement.
- Then, I added some glossy accents to the windows of each vehicle.


(I wanted it to look like the cars were 'zooming' to and from!)
- Lastly, I added black splatters!


I used the adorable Whimsical Wheels stamp set. I LOVE THAT SET!


This card is perfect for mailing!! I didn't pop up anything, because I wanted to make sure it traveled without incident! Ha! But you could easily add pop dots to the filmstrip and vehicles! that would add even more pzazz! :)


Next week is the May release...and man oh man...you're going want to be part of it! Head over to the special event Facebook page for sneak peeks and giveaways!! 

3 comments: