Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Rainbow Birthday

Hello Crafters!

It's Kelly here. I absolutely love the new Sending Sunshine kit and I know you guys do too. Included in the set is a fabulous bubble stencil. This thing is so versatile. Let me show you :) 



I really love the general design on the stencil. I thought it would be so cool to make a card with it as the focal point. 

I put some repositionable adhesive on the back of my stencil andthen laid it down on my cardbase. I traced it with a copic friendly black pen and removed the stencil. I added a few more circles around the main design by only tracing portions of the stencil. I also used the bubbles from the stamp set to add a bit more interest. I colored the inside of the circles with copics using a rainbow pattern. I also added a bit of shading behind it in blues an grays. 

If you go out of the lines don't worry. Put your stencil back in place and trace over it again with a thicker black marker. Clean lines prevail :) If you want to blend several colors of copics keep them in the same value or pretty close to it. Almost all the colors I used were an 04. It makes blending so much easier! If you want to stamp your sentiment in black over a black image outline the parts that touch in white. I did this with the "a" in happy and the "b" in birthday. It doesn't distract from the design and keeps everything legible :) 

Remember we love to see your projects! You can link them up in our sidebar anytime :) 


29 Again
Sending Sunshine Kit 

9 comments:

  1. Ohh it's Brilliant Kelly! Awesome card and coloring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous coloring! You 'rock it'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THIS CARD..It is clean and simple and oh so colorful. I came from Jennifer's blog..just so you know. I am going to watch yours from now on. Great card, great design. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about this card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant use of the stencil. Wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like that bubble stencil, the rainbows are a great idea!
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you used the stencil as your focal point, Kelly! Such a beautiful rainbow of colors, too! Fabulous card, as always!

    ReplyDelete