Friday, May 1, 2015

A Galaxy Background

Hello!
Samantha here, today, and I can't wait to share this card I created using Create a Smile stamps! :)



I have been actively looking for ways to use my distress products! (I'm sort of, kind of, completely addicted to them at the moment...) And somehow the idea of creating a galaxy background hit me! I have never made one before, but I am SO glad I finally did! It was SO much fun! And it came out awesome! Right?


To create this galaxy background, you definitely want a kraft mat! Ha! Things are going to get messy!

- tap lots of Chipped Sapphire distress paint all around a card-sized area on your kraft mat
- also tap in areas of color; i used Mustard Seed, Seedless Perserves and Peacock Feathers distress paints
- spray with water and lay the card panel right in the paint and rub on the back
- lift up and dry with your heat tool
- using Black Soot distress paint, liberally apply it to the kraft mat; spray, smoosh the card front and heat dry
- clean the kraft mat and tap on Brushed Silver distress paint lightly, spray with water and dab up most of the color with a paper towel.
- smoosh the card front and dry again


- repeat this process until you have the desired galaxy look!
- mask and heat set the sentiment in white on some vellum
- color the stamped image with copics and fussy cut
- attach to your card


I used the super adorable Penguin Party stamp set and the Balance stamp set! Two of my favorites! I just LOVE all of the phrases and possibilities of sentiments you can make with the Balance stamp set! :)


Creating the galaxy scene was SO fun! I can totally see a set of cards with this background! Each one would be different, but sooooo cool! You could also use any of the critters and set it as a 'night scene' card! 


Have you joined the special Create a Smile Special Release Party event on Facebook? There are exclusive giveaways, sneak peeks and discounts you can only find there! And believe me, you're going to want to see what this is all about!! :D

Thanks for stopping by!
~Samantha


3 comments:

  1. Love this card! Your background is absolutely gorgeous and the penguin is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love this card! I need to try this! Space penguins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Your sky is AMAZING!! You should make a video to show how you made it, please!

    ReplyDelete