Monday, August 18, 2014

Happy birthday Christine, and christmas in August.

Hello everyone on this special monday.

First of all we would like to congratulate Christine, with her birthday today. Hope she is having a great day. Did you see the discount you can get on the stamps over at facebook?




Now over to the card I would like to share with you today. It's a christmascard in August. I am making christmascards the whole year around so I will have a huge stash when it's time and no stress making these cards at the last minute. How about you?
A christmascard a day keeps the stress away!

For this card is managed to use all four of the stamps just like Samantha did in her post on Friday.
I started with drawing a circle with a thin pencil line so I could erase it afterwards.
I first stamped the cute snowman from your view inside the circle and stamped it another time at some scrap of paper to mask it. Then I used the negative of a diecut circle and sponged the inside of the drawn circle with distress ink tumbled glass.

Now I could build the wreath by first stamping the little stars from Your view in three different colors all around the circle. Followed by some leaves from Friends in the Woods which I colored with distress markers. Some feathers from Jungle fever and to finish it some bubbles from Comfy to make berries.
To create these berries I masked of some bubbles with painters tape or washi-tape so I could just stamp that one bubble. Make sure you pull of the tape after you inkted the stamps and before you stamp it on your project to not ruin your project. (believe me I have been there!!)
I also cut the stamp, I know it is a strange thing to do but they won't scream auchhh and you can easily but them together again.
To give it some more interest I used my wink of stella clear glitterpen on the berries.

You will notice that there are two wreaths on my card. I had a bit of try and error because I first stamped a bigger wreath and my inktblock fell on it. After I had finished the card I thought it needed some more so I cut out the first bigger wreath and placed it underneath the wreath on the card. To do so I cut out the wreath at the card using a craft knife.
Made a big bow from red ribbon and heat embossed the stamped sentiment from Your view in silver.
Colored the nose and hat from the snowman and finished it of with some wink of stella glitterpen.

So here is another christmascard for my stash.









 
 
Thanks for stopping by and have a nice week.

5 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Absolutely beautiful Christmas card!! And I love your idea to make Christmas cards all throughout the year!! So clever!! That wreath is Amazing!!! Wow!

    Ps - happy birthday to our fabulous and talented leader!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy happy birthday to you, Christine!
    Fabulous card, Anja! The wreath is amazing!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Christine!!!!

    Anja that is one STUNNING xmas card. I hate to think about needing to start to create them already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!
    No way, no christmas cards until the feeling is right ;) I kind of like the stress, too. But your card is stunning! The layering is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy (belated) Birthday Christine!!!

    Such a gorgeous wreath! Love the embossing!

    ReplyDelete