Saturday, August 28, 2021

You Did It!

Hi there!
Samantha here, and today I am sharing a happy congratulations card!

     

As soon as I saw that new stencil I just knew I wanted to combine with that stamp set! Perfect for congratulating your kid in school, or a teacher in your life!

Let's make this card together!

- first, I stamped colored all the images with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and then once they were all dry, I fussy cut them out!
- I used Distress Oxide Inks in Blueprint Sketch, Mermaid Lagoon and Salvaged Patina to add a little bit of ink blending
- then I placed the stencil on top and used the same colors, but with more pressure to add the letters though.

- then I used the stencil again, moved it to a different place on the stencil, and used white embossing paste to add some texture!
- next, I heat embossed part of the sentiment in white onto a strip of black cardstock


-finally, I finished off the card by heat embossing in black onto vellum, the large scripty 'woohoo'!
 

I added foam tape to the mouse and black strip of cardstock for some dimension. But if you're worried about that for mailing, you don't need to add foam tape!


For the background, I used the new ABC Stencil! The adorable images are from the First Day of School stamp set! and the sentiment uses the Woohoo stamp set!

    

There is ALWAYS a fun challenge going on in the Create a Smile Stamp Facebook group page! It's fun and filled with prizes! I love seeing all of the incredible, unique and amazing inspiration!
 
~Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment