Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Using Leftovers and Pre-Coloured Pieces!

 Good Morning and welcome back! It's Laurie with you today to share a card I made using bits and bobs I had lying around on my desk. Do you ever have scrap die cuts or images that you've coloured for other projects just lying around? These are the things I decided to use for my card today!





The idea behind this project was simple. Use what I had lying around and clean up my workspace a little!




I started by doing some simple ink blending onto a small panel of white cardstock that measures approximately 3X5 inches. A little green on the bottom, blue on top. The circle with the "hello" die cut from it came from a previous project where I used to positive hello. I actually thought ahead and saved those bits. Full disclosure: I did have to die cut the hello once more for the inner bits of the "e", "l" and "o". 

The flowers I had coloured for another project but ended up not using them. I made sure to tuck those away in the stamp set packaging.

I added the sentiment circle along with the florals with foam adhesive onto the ink blended panel. I made the card base by adding 1/2" to the size of the focal panel. So the card is really not any standard size. It's about 3.5 X 5.5.





If you find your "left overs" stash is growing, have a look through and see what you can use to create something! Honestly, I often do this when my crafty mojo is on vacation. It takes a bit of the pressure off!












We all have that bits stash, right? Don't forget to use it or it may get out of control! Often it's a great source of inspiration!!


Thanks so much for stopping by today!!

Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment