Saturday, July 24, 2021

My Reason to Smile

Hi there!
Samantha here, and today I am sharing a happy and encouraging floral card!

     

I always have trouble making floral cards, but Create a Smile Stamps has the best, images and they're always calling to me!

Let's make this card together!

- first, I stamped colored all the images with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and then once they were all dry, I fussy cut them out!
- I also splattered some ink color and white acrylic ink on top of the images
- I used Distress Inks in Dried Marigold and Squeezed Lemonade along with the stencil to create the ombre stripes!


- I did more splattering, this time with white acrylic ink onto the background
- I stamped part of the sentiment directly onto the background, and heat embossed the other half and fussy cut it out!


- finally, I finished off the card with some clear sequins!


I went with complimentary colors for my card, but this would be just as beautiful with tone-on-tone colors, as well!


For the background, I used the super fun Wide Stripes Stencil. The sentiment is from Reason to Smile, and the beautiful flowers are from Doodle Flowers!

    

There is ALWAYS a fun challenge going on in the Create a Smile Stamp Facebook group page! It's fun and filled with prizes! I love seeing all of the incredible, unique and amazing inspiration!
 
~Samantha







1 comment: