Saturday, November 28, 2020

Whoops! Santa Was Clumsy!

Hi there!
Samantha here, and today I am sharing a Christmas card that should make you laugh!

     

See? I told you it was silly!! Poor Santa got stuck!
Every year I have to make a few 'belated' style Christmas cards - you never know when life will get in the way, and I'll be late sending them! Ha!

Let's make this card together!

- I started by using the Basic Ovals Stencil as the background of my card! I used Distress Inks in Chipped Sapphire, Mermaid Lagoon and Cracked Pistachio to ink blend the colors of the sky!
- Then I splattered some water and white acrylic paint on top!
- Next, I moved on to the images! I stamped them all, and colored them with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers
- Once everything was dry, I fussy cut them out!

- I heat embossed the sentiment onto a strip of black cardstock, and then trimmed it to look like a banner!
- I also used white embossing paste and the beautiful snowflake stencil to add texture to the background!


I used the stencil to create the Oval shape for the sky, but the stencil is so versatile that you could use the Mask shapes of the stencil, and ink blend in all areas except the oval! That would be a fun twist on the scene!


That beautiful snowflake stencil is from the GORGEOUS Frosty Fun Kit! I used the images from the hilarious Santa Clumsy stamp set! And for the background, I used the super versatile Basic Ovals stencil!

    

There is ALWAYS a fun challenge going on in the Create a Smile Stamp Facebook group page! It's fun and filled with prizes! I love seeing all of the incredible, unique and amazing inspiration!
 
~Samantha


1 comment: