Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Mixing Stamp Sets and Using a Card Sketch!

Hello and welcome! Laurie with you today to share a fun card made by using several stamp sets. This is a great way to get more from your supplies! 


I wanted to go through my stash and find some stamps that I hadn't used in awhile. First one I picked was the Dress Me Up Set. I went with the sweater because I also tried to keep this a fall themed card. 

Sometimes I struggle with coming up with fun, new ideas for my cards. So when I get into a bit of a rut, I search Pinterest for some ideas! Here's where I got the inspiration for this card:



As you can see, my card doesn't really look like any of these. But I took different elements from each layout and created my own!

I started by cutting a 4.24X4.25 inch card base. The pink, Distress Oxide Panel I actually had in my "to use" bucket. I cut that down using a stitched square die. I dressed the bear in a sweater and coloured everything with Copic markers.


I used a white panel cut with one of the Scalloped Rectangles Dies. I used the Floral Decoration Stamp Set to add a bit of interest then using some left over blue ink on a blender brush, I added a bit of a blue hue.
I foam mounted the bear onto the white panel then added more foam to the back of that piece. I love dimension on my cards!!

The "hey there" sentiment comes from an older set called Friends In The Woods. This set was released and is fantastic!

Before adhering the bear to the card, I added a little border (also, from my die cut stash!). This divided the card up nicely!



Visiting Pinterest, Instagram, Flickr, blogs or challenge blogs is a fantastic way to get inspired! 
Remember to shop your stash and use what you may have forgotten about!
Also, if you have a die cut bin, have a dig through it! You may just find something that will work perfectly on your project!











There is inspiration everywhere! Don't get discouraged when your mojo seems lost. 

Thanks for joining me today! See you soon!

Laurie
























1 comment: