Saturday, October 24, 2020

Rainbow Snowmen in the Snow Card

Hi there!
Samantha here, and today I am sharing a bright and cheery christmas card!

     

See? I told you it was bright! Lol! I really LOVE those adorable snowmen together, and I thought it would be SO cute to create a huge line...long enough for a slimline card...all colored with rainbow hats!

Let's make this card together!

- first, I stamped colored all the images with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and then once they were all dry, I fussy cut them out!
- it actually seems like a lot of little images, but it wasn't hard, most of the images are easy to cut, and I didn't do any complex coloring or shading!
- then I used a hilly mask along the base of the card front to do a little Distress Ink Blending. I only used Mermaid Lagoon and Tumbled Glass.
- then I splattered water, white acrylic ink and ink on the background!


- I die cut out the 'merry' letters from black cardstock and then very delicately glued them on the background! lol!
- next, I heat embossed the scripty Christmas in black onto some vellum, and fussy cut around it. 
- and contrary to what I usually do, I ONLY popped up the Christmas word with foam tape! everything else is flat on the card! 


- I also sprinkled sparkling clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh to finish it off!



If you want to add some more dimension to your card, you should die cut out the letters multiple times and glue them all on top of each other! that will add some added, extra height to your sentiment!


The "merry" letters were die cut out with the Cherry Lowercase Cool Cuts and the beautiful, scripty font is from the mini Christmas Surprise stamp set. And those adorable snowmen are from the Easy Breezy stamp set!

    

There is ALWAYS a fun challenge going on in the Create a Smile Stamp Facebook group page! It's fun and filled with prizes! I love seeing all of the incredible, unique and amazing inspiration!
 
~Samantha




No comments:

Post a Comment