Saturday, May 23, 2020

You're Mine Seagull!

Hi there!
Samantha here, and today I'm sharing this funny card that made me smile the whole time I made it!


 


     

Of course, the seagulls reminded me of the birds from Finding Nemo! Ha!! And my youngest son and I always tell each other: You're Mine! So I thought it would be fun to turn that into a card for him! Ha!


Let's make this card together!

- I started by stamping and coloring the images with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers! Once everything was dry, I fussy cut them out!
- I used a different kind of grey for each seagull, it's just a subtle difference, but I like it! 
- I also added some pink cheeks to the gulls because...cheeks! lol!! 



- to create the background, I used some Tumbled Glass Distress Ink and white embossing paste to add the tinted color! 
- then I used my palette knife to smooth it through the stencil! 
- I finished the card by combining the sentiments from two sets and heat embossed in white onto black cardstock, which I then fussy cut out!



Adding ink to white embossing paste is a great way to tint it!! I love adding blues for oceans (like here), or clouds, but you can add ANY color for ANY background! Such a fun idea!


I used Waves stencil (which I think is retired - so sorry!!). 
The seagulls are from Gull Gang, the speech bubble is from Say What?, and the part of the sentiment came from Tiny Letterings.

    

There is ALWAYS a fun challenge going on in the Create a Smile Stamp Facebook group page! It's fun and filled with prizes! I love seeing all of the incredible, unique and amazing inspiration!
~Samantha



      
    
      



1 comment:

  1. What a fun card! I especially love how you stamped 'mine' onto the side. I can just almost hear the seagulls scream 'mine, mine, mine...' in their language. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete