Samantha here, and today I'm sharing this funny card that made me smile the whole time I made it!
Of course, the seagulls reminded me of the birds from Finding Nemo! Ha!! And my youngest son and I always tell each other: You're Mine! So I thought it would be fun to turn that into a card for him! Ha!
Let's make this card together!
- I started by stamping and coloring the images with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers! Once everything was dry, I fussy cut them out!
- I used a different kind of grey for each seagull, it's just a subtle difference, but I like it!
- I also added some pink cheeks to the gulls because...cheeks! lol!!
- then I used my palette knife to smooth it through the stencil!
- I finished the card by combining the sentiments from two sets and heat embossed in white onto black cardstock, which I then fussy cut out!
Adding ink to white embossing paste is a great way to tint it!! I love adding blues for oceans (like here), or clouds, but you can add ANY color for ANY background! Such a fun idea!
I used Waves stencil (which I think is retired - so sorry!!).
The seagulls are from Gull Gang, the speech bubble is from Say What?, and the part of the sentiment came from Tiny Letterings.
There is ALWAYS a fun challenge going on in the Create a Smile Stamp Facebook group page! It's fun and filled with prizes! I love seeing all of the incredible, unique and amazing inspiration!