It's christmas card making time... and I have some tips for you to save a little time while making them ;-)
I love to make clean and simple cards. It's just a cardmaking style I feel comfortable with. But when it comes to making christmas cards, clean and simple cards aren't just fun to make, they can save you a lot of time.
- do some inkblending in the upper half of your cardbase, start in the middle and work your way out getting lighter with the color
- stamp your landscape stamp in a crisp black ink (I used Versafine Onyx Black)
- stamp, color and fussy cut your snowman (I used Spectrum Noir Markers)
- stamp your greeting (I used Pigment Ink)
- adhere your snowman using some foam tape
- draw some snowflakes using a white gel pen
- (you can't see it on the pictures but) I added some Glossy Accents on the nose ;-)
- once you figured out a clean and simple layout you like, you can easily make several similar cards without all the color picking, layout planing and so on... This often takes up a lot of my time.
- landscape stamps are a fun and simple way to save time if you have to make a lot of cards
- I stamp a lot of sentiments in black but I really like colored ones too. Pick a color you already used on your image or background to fit your creation perfectly.
- making cards with snow on them is a great way to save some time on coloring
- another way to spice up your clean and simple card is using a white gel pen to add details (like I did with the snow and on the scarf)
We love to see what you create! Share your cards on Instagram using #createasmilestamps to create some smiles! 😉
Have a wonderful day,
Merry Christmas to You and Your Family..........! Awesome Christmas Cards PhotoReplyDelete