Wednesday, November 21, 2018

clean and super simple christmas card

Hello crafty friends, Nicole here.

It's christmas card making time... and I have some tips for you to save a little time while making them ;-)





I love to make clean and simple cards. It's just a cardmaking style I feel comfortable with. But when it comes to making christmas cards, clean and simple cards aren't just fun to make, they can save you a lot of time.



  • do some inkblending in the upper half of your cardbase, start in the middle and work your way out getting lighter with the color
  • stamp your landscape stamp in a crisp black ink (I used Versafine Onyx Black)
  • stamp, color and fussy cut your snowman (I used Spectrum Noir Markers)
  • stamp your greeting (I used Pigment Ink)
  • adhere your snowman using some foam tape 
  • draw some snowflakes using a white gel pen
  • (you can't see it on the pictures but) I added some Glossy Accents on the nose ;-)



  • once you figured out a clean and simple layout you like, you can easily make several similar cards without all the color picking, layout planing and so on... This often takes up a lot of my time.
  • landscape stamps are a fun and simple way to save time if you have to make a lot of cards
  • I stamp a lot of sentiments in black but I really like colored ones too. Pick a color you already used on your image or background to fit your creation perfectly.
  • making cards with snow on them is a great way to save some time on coloring 
  • another way to spice up your clean and simple card is using a white gel pen to add details (like I did with the snow and on the scarf)


 




We love to see what you create! Share your cards on Instagram using #createasmilestamps to create some smiles! đŸ˜‰

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a wonderful day,
Nicole

1 comment: