Friday, September 28, 2018

Interactive Shadow Box Card

Hi there!
Samantha here, and today I have a cute and fun interactive card to share!


 



     

I'm sure we've all seen the video by Jennifer McGuire for the Shadow Box style cards...I just had to try one!! Well, when I was flipping through my stamps and saw the little koala pirate with his telescope thing, I thought it would be the PERFECT image! Since when you open the card, it's a circle cut out...like you're looking through the lens! :)


Let's make this card together!

- I'm really only going to focus on the backgrounds and images, since the directions for actually put the card together couldn't be explained any better than Jennifer McGuire herself!
- stamp and color your images (I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers)
- once dry, fussy cut out
- for the background on the outside, I used Blueprint Sketch, Peacock Feathers and Wilted Violet Distress Oxide Inks and the packaging technique to create the wave ocean!


- I added the waves with the stencil and some white embossing paste, then added more of the Distress Oxide Ink watered down!
- I used a craft knife to cut a slit in the background to add my little floating pirate!
- for the inside I used the same colors, but ink blended them over another stencil that I used with embossing paste (the ground was created by making a hill shape and ink blending Vintage Photo and Fossilized Amber!)


- LOVE that pirate on top and the gold at the bottom! Super fun!
- so that's it!
I highly encourage you to check out Jennifer McGuire's video if you want to make a card like this!

Here's a little video of it in action from me:




I suggest making a practice version of the card, so you have all of the kinks worked out before you go to put together your finished product...ask me how I know! Ha!


Those koalas guys...they have my heart!!! They're from the All Hands On Deck stamp set! The sentiment is from Gull Gang (a close second on my favorite!!)!
The stencil on the inside of my card is Focal Point, and the stencil used on the outside is Curved Lines.

    

There is ALWAYS a fun challenge going on in the Create a Smile Stamp Facebook group page! It's fun and filled with prizes!

~Samantha


  
  



1 comment:

  1. Yup, super cute card! and I appreciate the step by step as well as I am still a novice card crafter!

    ReplyDelete