Samantha here, and it's my day here again, on the Create a Smile blog! today, I'm here to tell you how to create a super simple ocean background with Distress Paints! :)
See? So much fun, right?
As soon as I saw the submarine image, I just KNEW I had to make it a yellow submarine! (You can listen to the song here - and then sing the rest of the day with me while it's stuck in your head! Ha!) I just love being inspired by music, and this card was definitely born from that love! :)
A little disclaimer before we get started: you're going to get messy...ha! But it's a good messy!
- On your craft mat, add the distress paints of your choice, next to each other (For this card, i used tumbled glass, salty ocean and chipped sapphire). Be sure to get lots of paint on the craft mat
- Spray with your mini mister a few times
- Using your piece of (heavier weight) cardstock, just lay it directly on top of the watery-painty mess.
- Squish down with your fingers and lift up! Since all of the colors are wet, they'll blend together nicely.
- If the colors don't blend as nicely as you like, spray the cardstock with water, not too much water though, or the paper will not be able to handle it! :)
- Set aside to dry.
- Cut a banner out of white cardstock and dip the sides into the paint mixture, set aside to dry.
- Stamp and color the submarine (I used copics), then fussy cut out
- Stamp the sentiment onto the banner.
- Add sequins
I used the adorable Underwater Love stamp set. MY FAVORITE! Ha ha!
Each time you make a background, or play around with Distress Paints, you get a different outcome. That's why it's so fun! Imagine a background done in yellows and pinks!! What a fun Spring background that would make!
Hey, did you know that you can also now by Create a Smile stamps from a US based shop? YES! Butterfly Reflections Ink is now selling a selection of Create a Smile stamps!! I am SO excited about this! Check it out here!
Thanks again, for spending part of your Friday with me!
See you next week!