How are you? Hope you have a little bit of crafting time this weekend!
I think the new cling background stamp called Skulls goes perfect with the Koala pirates set Alle Mann an Bord/All Hands on Deck. This idea started the card.
- Stamp the skulls on a piece of cardstock for your background. Add ink blending with the same ink. Set it aside to dry.
- Stamp, color (with Copics) and fussy cut the images.
- Die cut a piece of white cardstock into a rectangle. Stamp the sentiment on it.
- Tear two pieces of vellum into the shape of the rectangle.
- Assemble the card.
- When I created the background I didn't like it at first. The contrast was too harsh. I sprayed water all over the paper (I used Distress Inks) and dabbed it away. The background became much more subtle and softer.
- Vellum is always a good product to pull intention from the background. It is not very striking but tones down the background.
- For sentiments I always use Versafine ink to get a crisp impression.