Samantha here with you this beautiful Friday! Today I'm sharing a card with a mixed media background!
Mixed Media are my FAVORITE kinds of backgrounds on cards! They're easy to make, messy and different every time! :)
So, let's start the fun and create this card!
- die cut a circle (or any shape!) out of a piece of piece of white cardstock
- use the negative space as a mask on a different piece of white cardstock and spread some embossing paste through a stencil (and the circle mask)
- set aside to dry
- stamp and color the image with your favorite coloring medium! (I used Zig Real Brush Clean Color markers and mixed media paper!)
- once the embossing paste is dry, place the heart stencil on top and use your Distress Inks to blend some color (I used Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers
- then (see? SO FUN!) I added some loose watercoloring all around the card in the same Distress Inks. LOVE how this looks!
- I stamped the sentiment onto vellum and added a strip of washi to finish the card!
I didn't use a watercolor paper for my card front, and it turned out ok! There is minimal warping, but overall, you can't tell! The less water you use, the less warping will occur! Watercolor paper would prevent the warping, and put your mind at ease!
I used the new All Hands on Deck stamp set for this card! I also used the Curvy Lines and Big Hearts Polka Stencils!
Did you know that you can now buy gift cards for the shop? Yes! Check them out, and choose to send your best scrappy friend either a digital or actual gift card!!