Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Bubble Background (VIDEO TUTORIAL)


Hi everyone! It's Francine and I’m back with a new video tutorial featuring the Create A Smile stamp set called Make a Wish






In this video, I show you how to create a simple but colorful background using dye inks and selfmade masks in combination with one bold sentiment. I got inspired by the talented Laura Bassen



You can see how I created this card in the video below!


CLICK THE HD ICON TO WATCH THE VIDEO IN BETTER QUALITY 



Stamps: Make a Wish (Create A Smile)
Inks: Versamark, various dye inks from Simon Says Stamp 

(Lemon Chiffon, Green Apple, Maliblue, Island Blue, Doll Pink, Orange Peel)
Papers: white cardstock, acetate
Punches: 1 3/4'', 1 3/8'', 2 1/4'' circle punches (EK Success & Paper Shapers)
Various: silver embossing powder, anti-static powder bag, heat gun, tape runner, blending tools, trimmer, cutter







If you don’t have a shade you need for your project, you can mix it over the stencil, using two other colors. For example, I needed a purple shade, so I mixed blue and pink to get a beautiful purple shade that matches perfectly with the other colors.

If your embossing is not perfect, you can carefully remove the excess with a cutter. 




I hope you got inspired! Thanks for watching! 


6 comments:

  1. What a great idea...Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's perfect and brightful! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, love all of the beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for doing the video, it really inspired and helped me. Never thought to use acetate for a stencil, its a fantastic idea for placement. I'm off to try this out!

    ReplyDelete