Thursday, May 28, 2015

Special announcement: There's a new Team Member!

Hallo everyone and happy thursday!

I am so thrilled and happy to announce that we added a new member to our little family-like team. She's one of my all-time-favorite scrapbookers and will bring some inspiration your way that is full of layers, artsy, colorful and always well balanced.
She'll post some Scrapbooking inspiration for you every other Saturday and she'll make your heart skip a beat.

Please give a super warm welcome to



When I first saw Terhi's layouts on Instagram  I was wowed. I've never been a scrapboker and I never may Layouts myself, but her art just made my hearts sing. Her style is completely diferent from mine - with all her layers and so many techniques on one project - but she makes everything go together so well - and it looks so easy the way she does this. Absolutely inspiring.
So I am super happy she's now joining the team to show you what Create A Smile can be for Scrapbookers.

Here are some of her recent projects, to give you an impression of her one-of-a-kind-style:



Stunning, right?
(That last triangle layout was the project that made me click the susbcribe button some months ago ;) )

I know you're all kind of curious about who this girl is:
Let's get to know Terhi a bit:

Terhi Koskinen, 28, Finland.

Hi, Terhi nice to meet you! Take a seat, get comfy. 

Okay, you know why youre here: People want to know everything about you. Lets start with something simple:
Youre a paper crafter. When did you start and how did it happen?
I started about four years ago. I’ve always loved photographing and a friend of mine showed her scrapbook pages – did not need to think twice, my soul was sold immetiadely for beautiful papers and stories around the pictures. 

What kind of projects are your favorite? And why?
Scrapbook layouts are my passion as layouts combine my love for photographing and beautiful designs. I also love to do canvases, altered items and sometimes cards and art journals pages, too. Cards comes as a by-products for me, I often find my desk covered with scraps and leftovers and as environment-friendly person, I don’t want to throw anything away so I do cards or tags to give away for friends. You might call me mixed media artist, but I don’t like to put me into any box.

Is there one technique that you use more often than others?
Yes there is: doodling in every possibly way and adding thread to everything. I do love trying out new techniques all the time, and I often find myself doing the same technique ten times and then I forget it. But doodling and thread are my „trademarks“.

If you look at other peoples projects: What amazes you and what makes you frown?
Many things, and one thing I love in the world of papercrafting is how much talented people is in it! I can surf on Instagram for hours and my husband keeps asking what am I doing as I‘m sighing and smiling all the time.

Youve been paper crafting for quite a while. Is there a lesson you learned that youd like to share with our readers?
Wouldn‘t say a lesson, but keeping your eyes open and seeing beautiful and inspiring things in everyday life is something I treasure and appreciate.

Lets get to something personal. You live in Finland, whats your favorite spot there and why do you think people should visit this place?
My home and my tiny studio ;) No, to be honest it would be the whole Finland with its pure nature and pure air. Even in the middle of Helsinki, our capital, you’ll find clean parks and can feel totally safe. 

What is a characteristic that describes you the best?
(Weird) sense of humor, loyalty, positivity.

What else should people know about you? Any secret addictions? Obsessions? Fun stuff?
People should know that like every girl, I was once a horse lover, too. Usually it is a phase, but my horse obsession continued and continued – we have two lovely mares in our family.

Thanks for the interview Terhi, Im so glad and honored you joined our little Design-Team!

_____

Terhi will be sharing her first Create A Smile project this saturday. So make sure to check back.

Now it's time for YOU to check out her Blog, Instagram channel and leave her lots of love.
Thank you everyone - this is going to be great!








7 comments:

  1. Huge congrats with the new team member.
    Awesome creations! Can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!
    I am completely stunned by your layouts, they are not only gorgeous, but also very unique, I have never seen anything like that before.

    Looking forward to your DT projects :o)

    Hugs,
    Heike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! This is so great...I love the layouts from Terhi also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooooohhhh...congrats! LOVE Terhi's style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big, big welcome!!!!!! Love Terhi's style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Christine, that you have found this great scrapbook-Artist. I like her works so much and her videos are great!!!

    ReplyDelete