Sunday, May 10, 2015

One Layer Card : Coffee Please!

Hi allCreate A Smile first ever kit release is starting soon so go ahead and go to the Facebook link to join :D

Today, I'm switching from Stretching Your Stamps to One Layer Cards. I will try to have my weekly Sunday posts here for a few weeks to give you ideas on One Layer Cards using Create A Smile products!






The idea is to inspire you to create one layer card with the look of dimension :) 


Starting of with stamping my sentiment on my watercolour card base first. 


I've masked it with a post-it paper because I would like to keep the area clean.


I took the pretty coffee cup and used various distress ink colours (in rainbow form) to stamp my image. I have a spare paper next to my card to do my first stamping and then stamp it on my card, I wanted the line to not be so vibrant. After that, I just watercoloured the cups with the same colour for individual stamps :D 




   




I find that creating shades in your images makes your one layer cards look more dimensional and not as flat as it sounds :) Play with your colours and create shadows and intense the dark areas to create this dimensional look.


Follow Create A Smile on Facebook keep yourself updates on all the happenings and if you're an Instagram addict like I am, you can follow Create A Smile using this name : @createasmilestamps ! :)

Thanks for stopping by,


Marina

7 comments:

  1. That's great, Marina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous - I love your rainbow of water coloured coffee cups and the masked central circle! Great OLC :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous card, I am loving this coffee stamp set ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marina, the coloring of the cups is awesome!
    I love these little shadow-effects you created with less and more color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing this idea!! I'm not very confident with water colouring and this sounds like something I can tackle. Love the effect, so fingers crossed my card will look as good as yours!!

    ReplyDelete