Saturday, May 9, 2015

Cute Critters for Masculine Cards

Hey, Anni here! Hope you have a great weekend.
With Father's Day ahead (in Germany it is on the 14th of May) I have a Father's Day card for you today.





Last Sunday I showed a Mother's Day card for the "Lottie and Lisa" post on my blog using the popular set Botanical Love. (Lottie and Lisa is something Christine and I have been doing for years - we choose a stamp we both have, pick a challenge and both create a card - it is so much fun).
So now it is time for the Father's Day card.




  • Stamp, color and fuzzy cut Mr. Beaver.
  • Die cut A LOT of letters to layer them up. I love the dimension of layered die cuts.
  • Stamp and emboss the sentiment, cut it into a banner shape.
  • Die cut a oval.
  • Emboss the card base.
  • Assemble the card.



Cute critters for a masculine card? Here are some tips and tricks to make that work:
  • Choose a critter that is more "masculine": In my opinion Mr. Beaver is more masculine than a kitten for example.
  • Choose a neutral color palette. I didn't want to stay with neutrals only so I added a little bit of orange (inspired by the CAS - Colours and Sketch Challenge). The layers of the die cut letters are all orange just the last one is kraft cardstock. I love the effect of the orange peeking through.
  • For more masculine feeling I chose a woodgrain embossing folder. And because my father loves to work with wood - that's why Mr. Beaver is the perfect choice for him, too.


Next week is release week - FINALLY! I am sure you all can't wait to see and BUY the fabulous Sending Sunshine Kit! Did you join the special event Facebook page yet?



   

1 comment: